Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Julius Ceasar

      I am reading this book in drama and I picked it because i was born on the ides of march which is also the day Julius Caesar was stabbed. I was always told that the ides of march is a dangerous day but i never knew why . In sixth grade i was told a brief summary of the story of Julius Caesar. I was told he was a very powerful and corrupt tyrant that many people worshiped and a large group thought he was a conspiracy. I was also told his best friend Brutus was one of the few that stabbed him.
     I really like reading Shakespeare because the old language is hard to understand and i feel like i have to put two totally irrelevant things together for a passage to make sense. Also there are a lot of double negatives in his writing which can get confusing. Overall i really like the story line even though it is a bit crazy and somewhat gruesome I think it's a cool story. There is a big sense of who as power over whom and what these separate conspirators can get out of killing Caesar. Some want the power Caesar had for themselves and others just want to make thing s right and have justice over Rome.
    I also just went and saw the movie Anonymous  which is about the conspiracy if Shakespeare was a real person or not. This movie shows the other possibility that there was a person called Edward De Vere  who wrote all of these plays we know "Shakespeare" as the author of. The movie shows the possibility that Edward De Vere was a person high in Monarchy and could not publish these political plays under his name for he will be arrested. This conspiracy says that he wrote the plays and used the ghost name "William Shakespeare" as the author to protect his identity.

1 comment:

  1. nice, i kinda know bout JC but this made me think about it in a different way

    ReplyDelete