I love New Moon because you can never expect whats going to happen. The suspense keeps you reading. Right when it starts to get boring it turns around and the action starts up again. When I read Twilight for the first time I loved Stephenie Meyers' writing because it captured me. I reread Twilight last week an I felt as if I could go deeper in to the story. I just finished New Moon and felt the same way.
New Moon deals with a lot of trust. In the beginning Edward tells Bella he doesn't love her any more and has to leave her.Bella loves Edward so much she trusts him and lets him leave. Then she and her old family friend Jacob Black become close friends. She is attached to Jacob so much she will trust anything he says. When he turns into a werewolf and semi-abandons her, she truly believes he isn't her best friend anymore. Later on Bella saves Edward from exposing himself (a vampire) and finds out she trusted a lie. Edward loved her and left because he thought it was safer for him not to be around Bella.
I think that trust is something that has to be built up over an amount of time. When you fully trust someone you have to know that they won't let you fall, that they can hold your deepest secret and won't tell a soul. I think best friends have to have that kind of trust because a best friend is someone you rely on and you can't rely on someone you don't trust. My best friend in the whole world has been my friend since the 3rd grade and we can trust one another with anything. When Bella says she and Jacob are best friends I don't believe that they can trust each other enough for that. It shows when Jacob turns into a werewolf and can't see Bella, she doesn't trust him enough to stay away from him.
Trust is an important part of life. You have to know who exactly your trusting and what your trusting them with. When you think you trust someone, say, with a secret you have to think of the consequences of what happens if the secret gets let out. If it does, you might not be able to trust that person.

No comments:
Post a Comment